By Daily Mail Reporter

Usher's 11-year-old stepson has died, two weeks after the child was critically injured in a boating accident.

Kyle Glover passed away on Saturday morning from the injuries he obtained after being run over on July 6 by a personal watercraft on Lake Lanier, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports the young boy, whose mother is Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster, was taken off life support by doctors, who determined that he would not recover from his injuries.

Tragic: Usher's 11-year-old stepson Kyle Glover, pictured here with the R&B star and his former wife Tameka Foster, has died today following a severe jet ski accident earlier this month

Foster is said to have grappled with the difficult decision to disconnect the life support, and is said to be understandably 'devastated,' according to TMZ.

Kyle was struck in the head during a jet ski collision while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta, Georgia, earlier this month.

According to authorities, a family friend who was riding a jet ski behind the pontoon lost control and collided with Glover's tube.

Kyle was with an unidentified 15-year-old girl at the time and both children were airlifted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.

Heartbroken: Tameka tweeted this picture of Kyle with his younger brother on Friday

He was later declared brain dead.

Willie A. Watkins funeral home in Atlanta confirmed it was handling funeral arrangements for the young boy

A friend of the family, 38-year-old Jeffrey S. Hubbard, was allegedly operating the jet ski at the time of the collision.

Sergeant Mike Burgamy of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources said: 'A pontoon was pulling the two adolescents on an inner tube, and the personal water craft went over the top of them.

Devastated: Usher and his ex-wife Tameka pictured her in 2007, are understood have put their differences in the wake of the devastating accident

He added about the driver: 'He was interviewed, and it's possible he may be reinterviewed.'

As news of Kyle's death emerged today, a string of celebrities took to Twitter to express their condolences.

Those included pop star Justin Bieber, who Tweeted: 'RIP Kile', and Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, who wrote: 'I am sending every prayer I got to Tameka, Ryan, Usher and their family'.

Last week Kyle's family asked for prayers as they keep a bedside vigil following the tragic accident.

Kyle's family said in a statement to CNN: 'We know God's in control, and are leaning on our faith in Him and His word at this most difficult time.

'We firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask that you all continue to pray and lift Kile up, as it's the best way we can all support him now.'

Hospital: Usher's son passed away at the Egelston Children's Hospital in Atlanta this morning

Usher (real name: Usher Terry Raymond IV), 33, and Foster, who divorced in 2009 after two years of marriage, were in the throes of a bitter custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, four, and Naviyd, three.

But they are understood have put their differences in the wake of the devastating accident. Kyle's father is Atlanta-based clothier Ryan Glover, Tameka's ex husband.

Last week it was also reported that Tameka may be forced to take her son off life support - because her health insurance coverage was about to expire.

Touching: Musician Eric Benet also tweeted a message to Usher and Tameka

Tameka had still not lost hope that Kyle could make a recovery - despite being declared brain dead by doctors.

But while Tameka was praying for a miracle, she could only keep him on life support if her insurance company agreed to pay the enormous hospital bills, TMZ reported.

The website claimed the insurance firm had not set an exact deadline yet - but would only cover the costs for two months maximum.

The insider also added that Usher has been incredibly supportive - but has not offered to pay the medical bills and that Tameka did not see him as a 'viable financial option.'

Scene of tragedy: Kyle was enjoying himself at Lake Lanier in Georgia when the accident happened

Meanwhile Investigators analysing the collision were waiting to see the outcome of his condition before they came to a conclusion surrounding the accident.

Last week Sergeant Mike Burgamy explained that the accident was still under investigation, and that the lead investigators had yet to talk with the district attorney’s office.

He told ABC News last week: 'I don't know what's going to happen with the 11-year-old. We're going to have to see what his condition is going to be before we present findings of the case.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati

Leave a comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.